Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome to the Blog World Mamma!

Hello there! I finally broke down and convinced myself that I need my own blog after following about 10 for the past few months of last year. I'm still not sure what I will use this as: family life, creative life, wishful life, or an eclectic assortment of all three and more.

I do want to use this to help me keep up with my Project 365. What is that? You may ask. Well I am a scrapbooker, papercrafter and this is a project that Becky Higgins of the scrapbook world put together for a Kit of the Month over at Creating Keepsakes. Basically the concept is to take a picture every day of 2009 and put it into one album. I, along with a long-time friend, decided NOT to spend the 40 bucks to get the kit but to make it ourselves from our stashes of paper. For the past 2 days we have been measuring and cutting and cutting and corner rounding, and did I mention cutting paper? I still need to go to Mike's to get the album I am going to put it into and the page protectors. Most likely will do that today since I have a gift card from my In-Laws that is just burning a hole in my scrap table where it has sat since Christmas day.

I have taken my 2 pictures over the past two days, but haven't uploaded them to the computer from my camera. So I'll just say that on January first my PrincessA asked me to make pancakes for breakfast. She helped me put all the ingredients into the bowl and stir it up. I made the pancakes on the griddle and when I put them on the plate she would butter them with the stick I gave her. Then yesterday evening, PrincessA, DaddyA, and myself, MammaA, played a game that PrincessA got from Grandma for Christmas, and I put the camera on a timer at the end of the table to get a shot of it. I'm hoping that we can play games more often this year as a family, but I think that was a goal of last year too, that we didn't do so well on.

Thanks for dropping in. Hope you got something out of it, even if it was just a wonder about who I am. I do hope that this will be a place you and I can figure that question out at.

MammaA

2 comments:

ElleSquared said...

I know who you are. You're Manda! ;) So glad to be finally done with the cutting. And the gluing for that matter. Am still not firmly convinced I have the right numbers of stuff, but I guess we'll see when I finally get around to buying the page protectors that elude me.

ElleSquared said...

What horse is he looking at that has a neck that long?? It is giraffe, so now you can have the satisfaction of being right. ;)