Thursday, January 22, 2009

Printer Problems, Yet Again!

So I had finally gotten to a point in my creativity that I had the audacity to think that my printer actually would PRINT!! I thought, "I just want to start actually working with my hands on this project, so I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and print my pictures right here at home. After all, that's what the contraption is for, and I've got plenty of photo paper to print on." Well, needless to say, I wasn't holding my mouth properly or my leg wasn't straight up in the air with my big toe wiggling in a counter-clockwise direction. Are you suprised? I am actually. I thought if I had given the dang machine a couple of weeks off it would just automatically fix itself and work the proper way the way that HP manufactured the sucker to do.
So I probably will have to order them online and get them shipped. I don't know if I want to order with Kodak like normal or go through Winkflash which is what my LaLa friend uses all the time and loves. Maybe that's what I should ask for for my birthday. A freakin' printer that works...or maybe just a little photo printer that I could set up right here in my scrap area that was strictly used for photos and nothing else. I mean, I know the printer we have works, I print copies of bills that I have paid at the bank to show DaddyA so he knows how much money is going out. It just refuses to print pictures when I want it to.
Speaking of my birthday. DaddyA asked last night or night before what I wanted. I just looked at him and told him LittleA out so that way he would be home. (If I actually go to my due date or just past my birthday, he's got duty that day so I wouldn't see him at all. :( ) I'm still banking on my thought of a 2/3 birthday for her. I go to the doc tomorrow so maybe she can tell me some news. I am going to ask about inducement simply because it takes 20 mins with no traffic to get to the Navy hospital, and if I go into labor at the wrong time, there will most likely be traffic in the tunnel that I have to go through to get to the hospital. Not to mention if DaddyA is at work and I have to call the ship. See I have the number to his department, except he doesn't actually work in the department that he's a part of so if I called it would take them at least 30 minutes to track him down and another 20-30 to get home to get me and then at least 20 mins to get to the hospital in good traffic. Let's add that shall we" 30+30+20= 1 hour and 20 mins. Now let's go back 4 years and 4 months to Sep 2004. DaddyA was on cruise and I woke at 4 with contractions with PrincessA. I didn't call my ride until 5. She got lost getting to my house 2 times so by the time I got to the hospital it was 6:20. PrincessA was born at 6:54. So I guess, looking at the math I should be fine...but I don't want to try a home birth or even worse a car birth. It's gonna be bad enough that DaddyA has never done this before!
Okay, so I think my ranting about my printer is over now. LOL I guess I'll go work on some cards for the ladies who are hosting my baby shower this weekend.

MammaA

No comments: